Happy Friday all! I finally made it back home to Chicago last night and this cold weather has definitely bummed me out. To ease my sorrows, and kick the weekend off, I decided to share one of my favorite wintery drinks that is sure to warm you up! The Frostbite Martini (or as I call it Frostbitini) is just as delicious as it is perfect for the season. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
4 oz. Sierra Mist Natural
1.5 oz. Coconut Vodka
1.5 oz. Blue Curacao
1.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
Pure Cane Sugar
2 Slices of Fresh Pineapple
Serving size: 2 martini glasses (vary the ingredients for your desired serving size)
Let's get started!
Rim the Glasses with Sugar
1. Cut a slit at the point of the fresh pineapple
2. Pour the pure cane sugar on a plate in the shape of a circle
3. Where the pineapple is split, rub the end around the rim of each glass
4. Turn the glass upside down and push it into the sugar on the plate; twist it a little to ensure the sugar sticks to the rim
When its rimmed the glasses should look like this:
Mix the Drink
1. Put ice cubes into your drink shaker
2. Pour 1.5 oz. (about one shot) of coconut vodka into a shot glass, then pour that shot in to the shaker
3. Pour 1.5 oz. of blue curacao into the shot glass, then pour that shot in to the shaker
4. Pour 1.5 oz. of pineapple juice into the shot glass, then pour that in to the shaker
5. Put the top on to the shaker and shake it to mix the ingredients together
6. Pour the contents from the shaker in to the martini glasses, making sure the contents are evenly distributed
7. Top off the rest of the glasses with the Sierra Mist Natural
8. For garnishment purposes and to add some extra flare to your glasses, add the fresh pineapple to the side of the glass
9. Drink and enjoy!
I know I will be needing a few of these to get through the rest of winter, let us know what you think if you decided to give it a try!
Follow Us On: