Happy June, Babes! When it comes to summer, skin is my number one priority. Moisturizer is the primary basis for for my regime, and I have gone through a lot of trial and error to find the perfect products to keep myself perfectly sun kissed.
1. First and foremost: an amazing sunscreen. Sun care is something to take seriously and I am pretty old school by following my Mama's advise, all sun screen is the same, you just have to go for one that lasts. Neutrogena's wet skin stays on for long hours, through sweat and water, which are two factors to bring in when picking a protectant. (I used it as a life guard back in the day, my tan never looked so good nor my skin so healthy!) Also, the spray applicator allows full coverage without sticky hands.
2. A great (and smelling good) dry shampoo: If you're a beach or pool bum like me, you know your hair can become a bit greasy with all of that sand and sweat. Alterna's is great because it is all natural and avoids product build-up. It also keeps you smelling like the beach hours after you've left it! (Mines Mango Coconut)
3. A summer scent:I usually switch up my normal scent in the summer month since heat can trigger a different body chemistry. This year, I opted for a musky floral that lasts long in hot weather (heat enhances smells!). Try for something spicy or sweet to make things a little more fun.
4. Hydration for the body: body butter cream. Victoria's Secret has great scents that include hydrating ingredients such as Shea butter, which help repair skin that has been exposed to sunlight. Also, a new product I've stumbled upon is soap and glory. Hands can get pretty banged up while you're outdoors (beach volleyball, boating, ect), an at home exfoliate and moisturizer are just the tickets to not spending too much $$$ on professional manicures all summer and it smells amazing!
5. Face moisturizer: Tinted. Because skin tones can vary in the summer months, a tinted moisturizer for your face is great to even out the splotches. I have been using a Laura Mercier brand and love it! It is an inexpensive fix you even out your tone.
6. A versatile make-up bag. You'll need a great durable bag to carry your goodies around in. My vote is on one that is essentially water proof. I tend to leave mine sitting around and there's nothing worse than a soggy or sandy purse. Kate Spade has cute prints in durable fabrics.
7. Neck and Chest moisturizer. One should never neglect these areas, although I am defiantly guilty of it. Our chests and necks are usually exposed to the most sun and are most prone for sun spots and sun burn. I use a moisturizer that contains SPF and load up these areas (as well as reapply) even if I know I'll only be outside for a short amount of time.
I hope everyone is looking forward to what summertime has in store for us!